Our Response to COVID-19
Original Post March 18, 2020
Updated June 15, 2020
Dear CRŪ Community,
At CRŪ, the health and safety of our customers and staff have always been a top priority. We understand there are concerns regarding the recent COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and we are closely monitoring the situation via the CDC and WHO for updates.
As licensed professionals, our Pros follow a very strict cleanliness procedure to disinfect and clean beauty tools and equipment between services as normally required by the health department and state licensing board. During this unprecedented time in our history, we have instructed our Pros to take additional measures to disinfect, wash hands, and sanitize more frequently to eliminate the risk of any potential threats.
Our Pros have been instructed to monitor their own symptoms and interactions with possibly infected individuals. If they exhibit ANY symptoms in the slightest way, we have asked them to stay home and we will change the Pro providing the service or reschedule the appointment if necessary.
Before Your Appointment
Please answer the following questions honestly. Remember that you could potentially be putting others at risk, even if you are not showing any symptoms. We will be happy to service you after a three week period if there are any contradictions to the following:
1. Do you currently have: cough, fever, rash, runny nose, muscle aches, or sore throat?
2. In the last month, have you had CLOSE CONTACT or been in the same room with a person known to have COVID-19 (Coronavirus)?
3. In the last month, have you traveled on an airplane or participated in public gatherings of over 10 people?
4. Have you been adhering to the "socially distancing policy"?
* The CDC states "remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings, and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters) from others."
In this current environment, there are a lot of questions and concerns regarding the symptoms of COVID-19 because many symptoms are so closely related to common flu strains and allergies. We encourage you to do your part by cancelling appointments if you feel you may have come in contact with someone contagious, are currently sick, or showing any common symptoms of the Coronavirus.
In addition to all state board (DORA) sanitation regulations, CRŪ Studio is requiring all Pros to take the following precautions to ensure the safety of both our clients and CRŪ Pros.
- Masks must be worn by Pro and client. Client must provide their own face covering.
- We have added extra time to each service to ensure our Pros have ample time to complete our rigorous sanitation set up and procedures.
- Pros will first and foremost wash and sanitize their hands prior to the service. We are following the recommended protocol that doctors use for hand washing, which include not touching any faucets, doorknobs or light switches afterwards and completely drying clean hands.
- Pros will not touch their own face when with a client, if they do, they must re-sanitize their hands before proceeding with service.
- Clean Metal Makeup palettes, spatulas and disposable applicators shall be used to remove any product from original packaging that is to be used on client
- All makeup will be thoroughly sanitized between each client with a licensed, professional antibiotic cleaner (fungicide, bactericide, virucide)
- All tools will be placed on a sanitized tray that our Pros provide. Nothing will be placed on any of the client's surfaces.
- Pros shall keep multiple clean, sanitized sets of brushes and tools on hand. Once used, all items will be placed in a separate bag/box to be cleaned/disinfected before the next client.
Please feel free to give us a call if you would like to discuss more in detail about our Coronavirus procedures or if you have any other questions. We will continue to offer our services in a safe environment and are committed to full diligence and transparency with our clients and employees. Thank you for your support and patience during this time; we are looking forward to beautifying you.